Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Factor Trees


Factor Tree of 48

Picture from:  http://www.gradeamathhelp.com/factor-tree.html

I feel like these should be done over and over when you have a good grasp on multiplication and division. I don't remember doing factor trees in school, but something else I wish we had done. I love reading and writing, I consider those fun. I can not normally say the same for math, but I really do like doing factor trees. Math just like any other subject should be made fun and I think the student will learn better. Our teacher is teaching us a few different ways to teach one or two things, which is how it should be. As a teacher I want to be able to help my kids and if they don't get it one way, to be able to show them another.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on that. It seems like once you get the hang of it, the more fun factoring gets. I have always been taught to use factor trees and it is a method that every student needs to be taught in math.Great way to find prime factorizations of numbers

    ReplyDelete